On Wednesday 14th June Year 5 spent the day with the poet Curtis Watt. The children worked in small groups to prepare and perform poems. Curtis then had the difficult decision of picking a group to go through to the poetry slam at Bedford High School next week. After careful thought Curtis selected Jessica Hubbuck and Cora Ogden with their poem The Iceberg is Unsinkable.
World Book Day
Story to go here…..
Welcome to your space to write on the Leigh St Peter’s Primary School blog site! A few quick tips before you delete this automated blog post:
- Make sure your first post is an exciting and engaging one!
- Ask your children what they think of the blog and what they would like to see on it. Act on their recommendations.
- Make sure your blog demonstrates to your children how much you personally love learning. Your example will be powerful.
- Celebrate your children’s achievements and consider them the primary audience for this blog.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your children with content from other classes around your school, other websites and other schools around the globe.
- Commit these tips to memory and then delete them. They will self-destruct anyway if this blog exhibits any signs of being boring.